Becoming a Patient
What you can expect at your first visit
Most importantly, your first visit will be a chance to meet the team here at East Oakville Orthodontics, ask your questions, and get detailed answers to help you understand everything that you need to know about orthodontic treatment.
This will also be an important visit for Dr. Grubisa, as it’s the first time she will learn about your specific orthodontic needs.
The initial consultation will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of your available treatment options. Often, a panoramic x-ray of your teeth and jaws is taken at this appointment.
Typically, diagnostic records (photos and other x-rays) are taken when treatment begins, however on occasion these are taken at the initial visit for diagnosis and development of your ideal treatment plan.
Your questions will be answered at your initial consultation
There are a lot of common questions before orthodontic treatment starts, so we will be sure to cover these topics:
- Is a condition present that orthodontics can correct?
- Is treatment needed now, or should it be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- Which treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any teeth need to be removed?
- How long would treatment be expected to take?
- What are the expected costs, payment options, and how does insurance coverage apply?
We will also encourage you to ask us your specific questions during your first appointment. It is always better to ask than to assume anything, or guess. Answering all your questions is why we dedicate enough time at this appointment to listen to your questions/concerns and answer all that we can.
Each of our staff members will make themselves available to answer questions in their area of expertise, and Dr. Grubisa can answer most questions about your treatment, but in certain cases a careful analysis of your diagnostic records will be needed to answer specific questions in more detail.
What will you need to do before your first visit?
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic x-ray taken within the past year
- Complete medical history including any allergies and medications taken
- Any pertinent dental history, including the name of your dentist and dental specialists that are involved in your dental care.
Dr. Grubisa feels that it’s important to analyze each patient's case carefully, and these details will help with the in-depth treatment planning that’s the key to optimal results and your complete satisfaction.
From the entire team at East Oakville Orthodontics, we’re looking forward to meeting you at your first visit!
You can start booking your appointment online or phone us at 905-257-7111 to speak with us directly. We can’t wait to meet you!